Migrate your account
Account Migration is ONLY for ICO participants and those who created an account on the Nauticus.io site.
To migrate your Nauticus.io account to the Nauticus.Exchange platform please take the following steps:
1 - Sign in to your Nauticus.io account.
2 - Click the large, red button that says “Account Migration.”
3 - You should then see a page that look like this while the system looks for an account matching your Nauticus.io-associated email address:
4 - If no account with a matching email address is found, will ask you to create an account — please create an account with the same email address as you used for the Nauticus.io account to link the accounts.
(Some users may have already created an account on Nauticus.exchange before attempting to migrate. If this is the case for you then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will manually migrate the account for you.)
5 - Creating a new exchange account will then progress you to the “Migration Complete” page.
6 - Congratulations, your account migration is complete!
At this point, you may click the blue Sign In button and sign in to the Nauticus.exchange.
Open an Account
To open up an account on Nauticus exchange, please complete the following steps:
1 - Navigate to https://nauticus.exchange/
2 - Click the blue “sign up” button in the top right corner.
WARNING: IF YOU ALREADY CREATED AN ACCOUNT DURING THE NAUTICUS ICO, PLEASE NAVIGATE TO "ICO Account Migration" BELOW. Otherwise we will not be able to automatically transfer your NTS balance to your exchange wallet.
3 - Once you are directed to the following page, fill in your email address and secure password.
5 - Nauticus will then send an email to your registered email address asking you to verify. If you do not see it in your inbox then plese check your spam folder. If you don’t see it in either, please contact email@example.com and we will assist you.
6 - After verifying your email, you are ready to sign into Nauticus.exchange.
7 - Once signed in, please complete our “know your customer” (KYC) process. You can not use the exchange without this. (Link to “how to KYC).
Verifying Your Account
Step by step guide to completing KYC on Nauticus Exchange
Here’s what you need to do:
Sign into your account on a laptop or desktop PC and click on the Verify button. KYC is not yet enabled for mobile devices.
Choose whether you want to be verified as an ‘Individual’ or as a representative of a ‘Business’. If you select ‘Business’ you will need to fill out a form and email it in. The rest of this guide only applies if you select ‘Individual’.
- You’ll end up on this page. Fill out the information requested.
- Fill in your Date of Birth in the Australian/UK format with the day first, and then the month.
- If you don’t live in an apartment or unit, you can leave the ‘Unit’ number blank.
- Fill in your City where it says “Suburb” (Suburb is an Australian address feature).
- If you have an unusual address that doesn’t quite fit with the structure of this form, please ensure you write down all of the relevant parts of your address somewhere within the form. Our staff can fix it later as long as your entire address is there somewhere.
- The next screen asks if you’re a “Sole Trader.”
Under Australian law a “Sole Trader” is an individual who runs a business (‘trading’ in this sense does not refer to crypto trading). “Sole Traders” have an Australian Business Number and put aside tax to pay at the end of each financial year. So if you aren’t Australian and don’t have an ABN select ‘No’.
- Next up is a series of KYC/AML required questions. Fill them out as accurately as you can.
- Finally, you’ll end up at the following screen which asks you to choose which ID type you wish to upload. If you have a Passport, select this option as the success rate for our automated system is much higher than with other ID types. Driver's License is the next best choice. Government issued ID cards in languages "other than English" should be selected as a last resort.
- The system will then prompt you to find your passport in whichever drawer you’ve hidden it in, and to write out your ‘selfie sign’ on a blank piece of paper. Using a thick marker, write the letters NTS and today’s date (the date format should be day-day/month-month/year-year-year-year).
- Take a photo of the profile page of your passport on a flat surface. Make sure the image is well lit and the photo isn’t blurry. If you have a Driver's License, take photos of the front and the back. Make sure you don’t get a reflection from the flash.
- Once you have a nice photograph, upload it to your laptop and check that it is under 5MB in file size. On a Mac, right click and select ‘info’. On Windows right click and select ‘properties’. At this point, check the box and proceed to the next screen.
- Now take your ‘selfie’ photo. There are tips on how to take a photo that will not be rejected by the system on this screen.
- Upload the photo to the desktop and tick the box.
- Now you get to double check your name and date of birth are correct. This step is extremely important as one of the biggest reasons for failing KYC is incorrectly writing out your name and date of birth.
- After confirming once again you have your photos ready (you’d be surprised how many people DON’T) you’ll end up on our third party provider’s site where you can upload the pictures.
- Please select your Country and the ID type that you will be uploading.
Once you have selected your country and document type, you will be asked upload a copy of your ID documents (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card).
- Once you have uploaded your document, you will be taken to a page, asking you to upload a picture of yourself holding a white piece of paper with the word: NTS and today’s date written on it in the following format: DD/MM/YYYY.
It is easiest to have someone else take this picture of you and then send it to you for uploading.
- After the above steps have been completed, you will then land on a Submission Confirmation Page like this:
- Congratulations, you’ve almost made it through! Whew!
At this point, it is very important that you take a long walk or make yourself a cup of tea.
Please don’t try and log in to Nauticus again for five minutes while the system updates your verification status.
Even better, don’t log back into your account until you have received an email saying that you have been verified. An approval/rejection email will be issued by the system, the minute you are approved (or rejected).
If approved, congratulations, you are one step closer to trading on the Nauticus exchange!
And if you did not get verified for some reason, do not worry — we are here to help.
Issues with KYC?
If you have experienced issues with your KYC verification, please navigate to the Cases section of your Account and copy the error code you find there.
Then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the error code and any associated error messages, so that we can help troubleshoot your KYC case and get you verified as soon as possible.
Note: after a failed KYC attempt, you will NOT be able to complete KYC without emailing Customer Support at email@example.com for troubleshooting first.
Once, we have investigated and helped solve your issue, we will then re-enable your account to attempt KYC once again.